Through the last year, the only thing we have gotten on Zack Snyder’s Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice movie are images on the major characters and behind-the-scene looks from on set lookers. We don’t really know anything about the plot besides the fact that Ben Affleck’s Batman will be coming after Henry Cavill’s Superman for the events of Man of Steel, and all the other rumors to come along with it. Now we may have more details that might give us a bit more insight to how this movie is going to shape up.
Let me just say that everything that is written below are rumors at this point, they have not been officially confirmed or denied by Zack Snyder or Warner Bros. But if these details end up being true down the road, these will be SPOILERS. If you don’t want spoilers then I’d suggest stop reading now, otherwise you’ve been warned!
These rumors include what looks to be the core of the Justice League – Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, and Aquaman. Possibly giving us an idea of how Supe will be treated in BVS after what happened in Man of Steel, and the beginnings for Bats, Princess Diana, and the King of the Sea.
- Batman on Film stated that Dawn of Justice will have a very ‘anti-Superman theme.’
- Also saying that Superman will be treated badly in the movie (to go along with the theme). With people actually protesting against him, marching in the streets to protest the Man of Steel.
- Badass Digest is reporting that when Batman V Superman opens, Batman has existed for close to 30 years, which would put Bruce Wayne in his 50s (which is why we see grey in Affleck’s hair from these images).
- Batman is still thought of as an urban legend, ‘a creature of the night’, and that no one has ever taken a picture of him.
- Over those 30 years, Batman has had plenty of adventures. Also, the Batcave includes a memorial centered around a tattered Robin costume (as we were all hoping!).
- It’s also said that Diana Prince has been Wonder Woman and in operation for a number of years preceding the movie. That she’s been just as secretive, but no word on wether she’s an ‘urban legend’ or in the public eye.
- Batman on Film is also reporting that Aquaman is indeed in the movie (with Jason Momoa playing him). As there were film tests conducted on a water set recently.
- The character is rumored to have a ‘pretty small role’ and that he will show up as a direct response to Superman ‘outing’ himself to the world. It’s speculated that he will show up because of what the World Engine did to ocean life in Man of Steel and Aquaman will be holding Supe accountable for it.
- The expectation is that the movie will establish Aquaman, like Batman and Wonder Woman, as a character who has been operating under the radar for some time.
For now, these should all be taken with a grain of salt. But I will say, they do sound pretty promising and would make a ton of sense as this movie is an obvious direct intro for a Justice League movie.
Another added swith for this movie is that it has now moved away from the May 6th, release date alongside Captain America 3. It’s being reported that Warner Bros. has moved the movie to a March 25th, 2016 release date and that it will be available in 3D. It’s a smart move by Warner Bros. – after what Captain America: The Winter Soldier did, it was a risk to open against it. Now, the only thing looking forward to in March of 2016 is BVS now, so touché Warner Bros.
Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice will hit theaters on March 25th, 2016. Directed by Zack Snyder starring Henry Cavill, Ben Affleck, Gal Gadot, Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne, Diane Lane, Jesse Eisenberg, Scoot McNairy, Jeremy Irons, Holly Hunter, Callan Mulvey, Tao Okamoto, Jason Momoa (rumored), and Ray Fisher (rumored).