San Diego Comic-Con is right around the corner and there are only a few names that everyone is looking forward to. Marvel’s highly anticipated sequel to the 2012 The Avengers is on that list, most likely at the top of it. A lucky group of London viewers got a taste of what will most likely be shown at Comic-Con in the coming weeks thanks to Kevin Feige during a Guardians of the Galaxy preview.
Now, obviously there is no public footage of that preview anywhere because everyone was just expecting a preview for GOTG. But luckily some sites have taken it into their own hands to help the rest of us out and publish some information on what they saw. Here’s the footage in bullet point form.
- All the footage was raw and pre-FX state, no touch ups have been made yet.
- Footage showed Tony Stark in what is known as the ‘Hulkbuster’ suit in the comics. It’s Iron Man’s classic red and gold color, except it looks like it’s hit the gym a few hundred times. It’s about the size of Hulk himself, possibly even bigger. Concept art a while back showed that very scene, this only proves more that we will see Iron Man and Hulk battle it out.
- The footage also showed the twin duo of Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver. Scarlet has mysterious reality warping powers (shown in the post-crest scene of CATWS). Quicksilver can run really, really, really fast, but the footage was more of a light jog because of no special effects yet added.
- They were first seen locked in fancy Perspex prison cells, which is most likely Baron Von Strukcer’s Hydra base that’s rumored. But later, Scarlet Witch was shown fighting alongside Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner) on a battled Italian street (like these photos from an earlier post).
- The last thing that was shown was the newly named Avengers Tower. Designed by Tony Stark himself out of the comer Star Tower in New York, it has all mod cons: floor to ceiling windows, twin laboratories for Stark and Bruce Banner, and parking for supersonic jets. The jet is very similar to the S.H.I.E.L.D. helicarrier, with lots of shiny and futuristic construction.
This is most likely the footage everyone will get to see at Comic-Con, maybe even a little bit more with the core Avengers involved. it doesn’t sound like much but it is still exciting. First off, we will see Iron Man and Hulk crush it out. We don’t know why: Stark and Banner could have built this together and they could be testing Stark’s new suit just in case Hulk goes berserk or Hulk could have gone a-wall and now Iron Man is in Hulkbuster suit to try and stop Hulk from tearing apart cities. Second, we knew that the twins were going to be in the movie but not how much they would be involved. We now know that they will be fighting alongside the Avengers and could possibly be jointing the team for future movies (AWESOME). And lastly, the Avengers Tower and AvengeJet were obviously coming and isn’t to much surprise. But to just here that footage has shown the new toys that the Avengers will have (thanks to Tony Stark) is just awesome!
Avengers: Age of Ultron will open in theaters on May 1st, 2015. Directed by Joss Whedon starring Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Mark Ruffalo, Scarlet Johansson, Jeremy Renner, Cobie Smulders, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Elizabeth Olsen, Don Cheadle, Anthony Mackie (rumored), Haley Atwell (rumored), Josh Brolin (rumored), Paul Bettany, James Spader, Thomas Kretschmann, and Samuel L. Jackson.