With J.J. Abrams godfathering the new/continued Star Wars Universe, we knew there was the high possibility that a lot of the main details, actors/actresses roles, and plot could be kept under warps for a while. But in this day in age, it’s a given that rumors and speculations are going to be all over the place, especially with this level of movie. We have our first true set of rumors regarding Episode VII and if true, they will actually turn into spoilers – you’ve been warned.
Many names and places are reporting the same information, read below.
- Episode VII takes place 30 years after the events of Return of the Jedi, beginning with looking at how the former Rebellion members (Luke, Leia, and Han) are now doing. Also exploring the new threats that have been or will be challenging them.
- The villains are being called ‘Jedi Hunters.’ They dress in black and use lightsabers as weapons. They are accompanied by foot soldiers who look very similar to Stormtroopers, but instead wear black and chrome uniforms.
- The ‘Jedi Hunters’ worship the Sith and want to be them. They are tasked by the Empire to ensure their survival, which includes plans to resurrect the Sith throughout the new movies.
- Luke has been trying to bring the Jedi Order back over the past 30 years, including a new Jedi Council.
- Luke has been fighting these ‘Jedi Hunters’ for 30 years, they’re the reason why there is no New Republic and is now in need of some help (Han, Leia, and roles from new cast members).
- Lupita Nyong’o and Adam Driver are said to be villains and part of these ‘Jedi Hunters.’ Could Nyong’o be playing Asajj Ventress from The Clone Wars series (I sure hope so! PLEASE PLEASE) and Adam Driver be playing ‘The Inquisitor’ who will be the villain in the new Star Wars: Rebels series?
Here’s a look at the possible roles for Nyong’o and Driver:
Star Wars: Episode VII is due out in theater December 18th, 2015. Directed by J.J. Abrams, starring Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, and Carrie Fisher alongside Domhnall Gleeson, Andy Serkis, Oscar Isaac, Adam Driver, Peter Mayhew, John Boyega, Max von Sydow, Daisy Ridley, Luptia Nyong’o, Gwendoline Christie, Kenny Baker, and Anthony Daniels.